Paediatric Orthopaedics Clinic
Bones are an integral part of the human musculoskeletal system. Bones, together with the muscles (muscular system) form the musculoskeletal system. The functions of bones are not limited to providing body support only, but also, they facilitate body movement, store essential minerals and fats, protect the internal organs, and haematopoiesis, hence maintaining bone health which is very important.
Musculoskeletal problems can occur in children of all ages. The doctor who evaluates and treats all kinds of musculoskeletal diseases and disorders is known as a Paediatric Orthopaedist. Musculoskeletal problems refer to medical issues occurring in the bones, muscles and joints and can be treated through medications, surgeries, physiotherapy, etc. If your child is suffering from any injuries or diseases in the musculoskeletal system, don’t hesitate, visit the Hope AMC Paediatric Orthopaedic Clinic. We help with injuries and diseases of the musculoskeletal system laying the focus on bones, joints, muscles, tendons, nerves, and ligaments.
Musculoskeletal conditions and diseases treated at the Children’s Orthopaedic Clinic at Hope AMC:
- A complete paediatric orthopaedic care is provided here by the team of highly experienced, skilled and knowledgeable Paediatric Orthopaedic doctors.
- Spine care – At Hope AMC Paediatric Orthopaedic Clinic, advanced multidisciplinary approaches are taken by the expert paediatric orthopaedists to assess, diagnose, manage and treat spine disorders in children of different age groups. A full range of treatment options are offered that include medications, interventional pain management, surgical procedures, physical therapies and many more.
- Hip – Different kinds of hip disorders can occur in children such as, Transient or Toxic Synovitis (an inflammatory reaction), Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip (DDH), Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis (JIA), Legg-Calve-Perthes Disease, Osteomyelitis, Septic Arthritis, Septic Bursitis, Slipped Capital Femoral Epiphysis, and others.
- Knee – Knee pain is common in children and it can be caused by a disease named Osgood-Schlatter Disease.
- Foot and ankle – As the children grow, they may face various foot and ankle problems, such as flat feet (Achilles Tendonitis) and fallen arches, Plantar Warts (Human Papilloma Virus HPV), pain in the heels mostly occurring in the heel bone, outward or inward-pointing toes, etc.
- Hand and wrist – While playing or doing other activities, many children suffer injuries in the hands and wrists, which often need to be treated by a Paediatric Orthopaedist.
- Shoulder and elbow – Overuse injuries in shoulders and elbows, which can be both acute and chronic, are common in children and adolescents and require medical intervention.
- Bone Cancer (Sarcoma) – Commonly found malignant bone tissues in children are Osteosarcoma and Ewing’s Sarcoma. Treatment for the same is offered by No. 1 Paediatric Orthopaedics doctors at Hope AMC.
- Bone and soft tissue tumours – Your search for ‘Children’s Orthopaedic near me’ ends at Hope AMC Children’s Orthopaedic Clinic. Bone and soft tissue tumours in children can be benign or malignant. The common types are Ewing Sarcoma, Osteosarcoma, and Rhabdomyosarcoma.
- Fractures – Children’s bones are softer than the adults and hence, they are prone to bending rather than breaking completely. Incomplete fractures like Buckle, Greenstick, and Torus Fractures are common in children.
- Sports medicine – Children commonly suffer injuries related to sports activities, exercises etc. which are treated by our Paediatric Orthopaedic specialists.
- If your child is having fragile bone health and you are looking for a ‘Paediatric Orthopaedic Doctor near me’, contact us and book your appointment now.